The failure rate for successful succession is startling and telling, according to Nationwide Insurance, the
leading insurer of family farms and ranches. With each succeeding generation, success is harder to achieve.
• 30 percent of family businesses pass to the second generation*
• 12 percent of family businesses pass to the third generation*
• 3 percent of family businesses reach the fourth generation*
Learn about Land As Your Legacy®
CHS proudly sponsors Land As Your Legacy transition planning for producers around the country.
Developed by Nationwide®, the program is designed to help provide security to families in agriculture
so the land and businesses they’ve built over generations will be preserved and remain a legacy for
generations to come. The program customizes planning for farmers, ranchers and others in
agribusiness and offers help in the following areas:
• Farm transition planning — transferring the business to the next generation
• Business planning — maintaining profitability over time
• Retirement planning — ensuring money and structuring responsibility
• Investment planning — assisting with meeting education or financial independence goals, and diversifying investments
• Estate planning — distributing assets and tax payments
Learn more about the Nationwide Land As Your Legacy program at chs-nationwide.com or call 1-855-529-2729 to begin work on your plan today.
*Family Business in Transition, Succession Planning, Family Business Institue
Life insurance is issued by Nationwide Life Insurance Company or Nationwide Life and Annuity Insurance
Company, Columbus, Ohio.
Nationwide and Land As Your Legacy are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
© 2016 Nationwide
CHS is not affiliated with Nationwide or any of its associated companies.