Serving all your grain marketing needs
As a major buyer and trader of grains and oilseeds, CHS moves more than two billion bushels annually through its network of river, rail and export terminals. So when you work with your local cooperative, you’re tapping into a world of resources and a depth of grain marketing solutions.
We have built our reputation on a demonstrated commitment to producer profitability. We strive to make it as convenient as possible to market your grain, and we are committed to doing business with integrity and building long-term partnerships.
- Take advantage of online and mobile resources to check cash grain prices, make offers to sell grain, and have secure access to account information and reports.
- Choose from a variety of grain contracts and specialty grain contracts to meet your needs.
- Gain timely insights about local, regional and world markets from our grain specialists, who are connected to valuable information and perspectives through the CHS cooperative system.
- Consider working with CHS Hedging, a full-service commodity brokerage firm with expert consultants and risk management services.
- Earn patronage on every bushel of grain you sell to CHS.
Please note: CHS Prairie Lakes will not accept grain products that puts our supply chain at risk. We reserve the right to test for and reject genetically modified grain not approved with our global trading partners.
Please call Tim Guza at 320-634-3028 with questions.
CHS Prairie Lakes is not currently accepting Enogen® corn, as this product is not yet approved for export. Please call our Glenwood Elevator with any questions.
Effective July 2016, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans have been approved for import in the European Union. CHS Prairie Lakes will now accept these beans at all our grain elevators beginning with fall 2016 harvest.
Effective July 26, 2017: Delayed pricing charges for wheat are 7 cents per bushel per month.
Fall 2018 Soybean DP:
Effective 11/1/18: DP on soybeans will be $0.07 per month with 10 days to decide; if not priced in this time period, DP charges will start from the day soybeans were dumped.
Fall 2018 Corn DP:
DP on corn will be $0.06 per month with 10 days to decide; if not priced in this time period, DP charges will start from the day corn was dumped.
Corn drying charges billed at end of year will only be done by request on delayed price grain, please contact the office.
Grain Marketing Hedge to Arrive Contracts
- Corn: $0.01 per option month per bushel
- Soybeans and Wheat: $0.02 per option month per bushel
Please note that all programs, products, and services are subject to change at any time.
CHS Prairie Lakes Grain Manager